Nov 20, 2013

Experience


It had been quite a number of years since I last came to Europe. Europe was such a nice place to many people... The rich culture as well as the weather. In my mind they always been a nice place to visit. No doubt and they still a good choice for vacation. 

This time round, I had the chance to visit Munich, Germany. I spend quite a while in Munich for a tradeshow and a nice city to be in. The first thing on my list of experience was their subway system. From airport to the specific location of my hotel they are well connected on the subway map. Fine :) easy I can do it. But unfortunately that day the subway was having maintainance, and they uses only German in announcement. Which I had no choice to keep following the map but by the time I saw the next station, it was way over the location. So... Just hop off the subway, and go they other side and hop on to the reverse direction. This time , I try to jump off right at the station before the one I need to get off. And it works! By using the subway map, I hop onto another route and get off and back on to the intended route to the hotel! Yes. And all went on smoothly. 

The good part of the subway was they are really very clean. And it also very on time! Germans! Other than that, they well maintain their old system which look very classic! One more thing, the entire subway system are base on trust! You are suppose to buy ticket and walk in. There are to restrain bar/ gate that check your ticket. One can forgot to buy ticket and travel a few station! I got my day pass which helps a lot. As a stranger to the city, it's best to get that! You can forget about the place you want to go and just hop on the subway and let it carry you to the next station or any station you need to go. In Munich, buy the zone 1 day pass. If you plan to stay long, you can get a few days day pass. The thing I like about their ticket course was it gives you language to select and they also have Event pass which u get to the event from your location and a fix price throughout the event period. Cool huh? 

Compare to other countries, Munich seem to have a very clean subway! Even their subway stations!  Will write more on Paris subway in my next post. But Munich had a good impression for me. Even last time when I was at Erfurt, they subway was good as well. Or the train system. Germans really good at taking care of the public property! 



No comments:

Ads